Last Updated as of December 20, 2019
Categories of Information We Collect
We collect information about you and during your interactions with the Services, including, but not limited to, personal information (meaning information that identifies or allows us to contact a specific person or household, which includes, but is not limited to, full name, physical address, telephone number, cell phone number or email address), in addition to other technical and usage information, each, as further described below:
- User Contributions. The Services may contain features or functionalities including, but not limited to, comment sections, profiles, forums, videos, and other interactive features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users of the Services or other users of Third Party Services (hereinafter, “post”) certain content or materials that are provided by users (collectively, “User Contribution(s)”) via the Services. Any User Contribution you post to the Services including, but not limited to, any accompanying personal information or any other identifying information, will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, may be available publicly and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
- Information From Your Use of the Services. Information that we and Third Party Services obtain from your use of the Services includes information obtained using various types of tracking technology, such as “cookies,” beacons, pixels or other tags, files, and other technology which collect and store information. Such information collected includes, but is not limited to, your browser type and version, IP address, operating system and platform, mobile carrier, browser settings, when you open email that we send you and other information about your use of the Services. You may turn off certain tracking technology which has been placed on your device by following the instructions on your browser. However, if you prevent the use of tracking technology, it will be more difficult, and may be impossible, for you to use the Services, or certain portions or features of, the Services. We and Third Party Services may use locally stored objects, including, but not limited to, Flash cookies, browser web storage or application data caches to provide the Services, for example, to store your preferences or display content. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage Flash cookies go to http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. Your browser may also offer other tools to manage locally stored objects, so if you want to adjust your settings for local storage mechanisms (e.g., to delete or reject locally stored objects), please check your browser’s settings or help menu for more information. If information is stored in local storage in addition to a cookie, you will need to remove both the local storage and the cookie in order to fully delete the information. If you access the Services from a mobile device or other device, we may collect information about that device and your use, including, but not limited to, a unique device identifier or advertiser identifier assigned to such device, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information via such device. You may turn off part or all of such tracking through your mobile device’s settings, however, if you prevent tracking on your mobile device, it will be more difficult, and may be impossible, for you to use the Services, or portions of the Services. We have also implemented Google Analytics, including Google’s Audience Reporting and Advertising features, for the Services. You can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ to disable tracking by Google Analytics. To learn more about Google’s collection and use of data in connection with our Services you can visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy/google-partners.
Use of Information
We may use your information, which may include personal information, as follows:
- To provide the Services to you and other users and to fulfill our business purposes.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or provide customer service.
- To contact you, for example, to provide you with updates about the Services, and to notify you about issues with or changes to the Services or to our policies. You agree that we or our agents may email, call or text you regarding your account, subscriptions or your transactions and that we may listen to and/or record any communications that you have with us for training purposes or to evaluate the quality or other characteristics of our Services, in compliance with Applicable Law.
- To promote the Services or to provide other promotions, products and services to you, including, but not limited to, jointly with our third party marketing partners (as a Third Party Service, a “Marketing Partner(s)”). If you do not wish to receive these communications (which may occur via email), you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link or following the instructions included in such communications. Please note, however, that you cannot opt-out of certain administrative communications.
- To carry out our obligations and to enforce our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including, but not limited to, any such contracts between you and us.
- To display and target advertisements, marketing, promotions and content via the Services and in connection with any Third Party Service(s). See Targeted Advertisements for more information.
- To provide and improve the Services including improving algorithms.
- To allow social sharing of content or materials, which may be through Third Party Service(s).
- In combination with information that we obtain from Third Party Service(s), including, but not limited to, offline sources.
- To protect the rights, including legal rights, and safety, of us, other users, and/or others, and as otherwise may be needed to comply with Applicable Law.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information or otherwise specify.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your information, which may include personal information, as follows:
- With Third Party Services to allow the Third Party Service to assist in providing, improving and managing the Services. The Third Party Services include, but are not limited to, advertising networks, marketing partners, internet service providers, data analytics providers, technology providers (including video and audio players), operating systems and platforms and social networks and other service providers.
- With Marketing Partners to promote the Services and for such Marketing Partners’ own use.
- With our representatives, advisors, business partners, and corporate affiliates, including Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc.
- With parties involved in a transaction for the sale, financing, or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets (or a line of our business to which personal information or other information relates), or an acquisition or merger or corporate reorganization.
- With government entities and law enforcement agencies and other third parties to protect the rights, including legal rights, and safety, of us, other users, and/or others, and as otherwise may be needed to comply with Applicable Law.
We do not intentionally collect information such as social security numbers, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership (“Sensitive Information”). We ask that you do not disclose any Sensitive Information via the Services. Please note that if any Sensitive Information is included in your User Contribution(s) or otherwise provided by you via the Services, we and the Third Party Services will have access to such Sensitive Information, and your Sensitive Information will be available publicly with the applicable User Contribution(s), and neither we nor any Third Party Service(s) is responsible for keeping or maintaining the security of any such Sensitive Information.
Safeguarding Your Information
We use a variety of commercially reasonable security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information (including personal information). It is solely your responsibility to keep any and all of your password(s) and any account information confidential.
Do Not Track Signals
At this time, the Services do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
Third Party Service(s) and Governing Terms
Data Retention; Removal of Your Information
Accuracy and Updates to Personal Information
You are responsible for keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date with us. If your personal information changes (including, but not limited to, a change in your email address) then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes so that we can keep such personal information up-to-date. You may contact us at EmailChangeNotice@Lightworkers.com to update your personal information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law provides you with the following rights regarding your personal information:
California Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to CAPrivacyRights@Lightworkers.com or write us at: CA Privacy Rights, Lightworkers Legal Department, 100 Corporate Pointe, Culver City, CA 90230.
Privacy Rights for California Minors
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, California Business and Professional Codes Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request about the Services, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to CAPrivacyRights@Lightworkers.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides that California consumers may request information about our collection, use, disclosure and sale of their personal information over the past 12 months. California consumers may also request that we delete your personal information. To make these requests, please email us at CAPrivacyRights@LightWorkers.com To verify your identity, we will use the information you provide us with your request. We may also request additional proof of identity (e.g., government identification) or information. We are only required under the CCPA to respond to two requests per consumer during each 12-month period.
In the past 12 months, the categories of personal information we may have collected from California consumers are:
- identifiers such as name, address, IP address, email address, online identifier;
- categories of “Personal Information” as described in California Civil Code Section 1798.80(e), or any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, some of the identifiers previously listed;
- commercial information such as products or services purchased and records of personal property;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, information regarding your interaction with the Services;
- geolocation data;
- audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory or similar information; and
- inferences reflecting your preferences and characteristics and other information about you derived from the other categories of information above.
California consumers have the right to opt-out of Company’s sale of their personal information. For information on how to opt-out of Company’s sale of personal information, please email us at CAPrivacyRights@LightWorkers.com. See Targeted Advertisements above for how to opt-out of Targeted Advertisements and Information From Your Use of the Services for more information on how to adjust your browser settings and to opt-out of Google Analytics. Please note that when you opt-out of certain tracking technologies, the opt-out may function by placing a cookie on your browser. Therefore, you will have to separately set these opt-outs on each browser you use. Additionally, you will need to reset these opt-outs after you delete cookies from your device.
California consumers may designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. Agent requests will be subject to additional verification requirements, including proof of authorization, for example, we may verify with you that you have made this request via your agent. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, you will not receive discriminatory treatment from us. The rights set forth in this section are subject to certain exceptions under Applicable Law.